What: We will be performing an upgrade to our Enterprise Cloud management software to the latest version of Citrix CloudPlatform (4.5). This maintenance event is the re-scheduling of the previously scheduled maintenance from March 29th that was postponed (http://status.cloudcentral.com.au/incidents/7flw9q7mvhg9
Why: The upgrade is required to provide increased functionality and bug fixes. This newer version of CloudPlatform provides the following noteworthy features:
- Disk resizing within CloudPlatform
- Domain users can modify their own accounts, including user password changes
- Snapshots can be taken to include running instance memory
- A virtual instance can be rolled back to a snapshot directly, rather than the snapshot being used to create a new instance
- Secondary IP addresses can be allocated to a NIC by CloudPlatform
- Load balanced traffic can now make use of health checks so that traffic is only sent to a healthy and responsive server
- Remote access VPN can now be configured within a VPC
When: Sunday April 12th : 8am - 4pm AEST
Impact: During the upgrade process the cloud platform management portal will be unavailable. All customer VM instances will remain running during the upgrade.
A reboot of each customers virtual router will be required which will result in a 5 minute loss of network connectivity to and from the public networks and each VM instance. CloudCentral contact each Managed Service customer individually to schedule the reboot of your virtual router at a mutually agreed time. Self-service customers will have their virtual routers rebooted during the maintenance window however it is not possible for us to predict the exact time for each customer virtual router.
While we do not foresee any problems we strongly recommend all customers have a current backup of their servers and important data and test services after the upgrade has been completed.
If you have any further queries regarding the upgrade please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org