What: We will be performing an upgrade to our Government Cloud management system to the latest version of Citrix CloudPlatform (4.5.1).
Why: The upgrade is required to provide increased functionality and bug fixes. This newer version of CloudPlatform provides the following enhancements:
- Uploading Templates from Your Computer to CloudPlatform
- Uploading Volumes from a Local File System to CloudPlatform
- Using DHCP and DNS Services Configured External to CloudPlatform
- Disabling Storage Pools in CloudPlatform
- Enabling Local Storage for System VMs at Zone and Cluster Levels
- Supporting Management and Storage Traffic on VMWare Distributed Virtual Switch
- Supporting Live Storage Migration for VMFS
Full release notes can be found at https://docs.citrix.com/content/dam/docs/en-us/cloudplatform/cloudplatform-45/downloads/Citrix_CloudPlatform_powered_by_Apache_CloudStack-4.5.1-release-notes.pdf
When: Saturday March 12th 2016, 10am - 12pm AEDT
Impact: During the upgrade process the cloud platform management portal will be unavailable. All customer VM instances will remain running during the upgrade.
A reboot of each customers virtual router will be required. This will impact the networking of customer VM instances for up to 5 minutes.
CloudCentral contact each Managed Service customer individually to schedule the reboot of your virtual router at a mutually agreed time. Self-service customers will have their virtual routers rebooted during the maintenance window however it is not possible for us to predict the exact time for each customer virtual router.
While we do not foresee any problems we strongly recommend all customers have a current backup of their servers and important data and test services after the upgrade has been completed.
Note: this maintenance activity does not impact customers with services hosted in the CloudCentral Enterprise Cloud.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com